Welcome! In this first episode you'll meet Bill Keen of Keen Wealth Advisors and discover why we're doing this retirement podcast and what topics you can expect to learn about in the months ahead.
Listen to the Episode
Podcasting is a terrific long-form medium that allows listeners to get to know the hosts and the topics they discuss. In our new podcast, we'll take you through the financial planning process to help ensure you make excellent choices as it relates to your money and your life.
Whether you're on your way to retirement or already there, these shows will educate you, entertain you, and guide you to living the life you dream about.
Five Quotes From This Episode
- It's about the plan. Everything we talk about is going to be angled back to making sure we have a plan that somebody is walking folks through. A financial plan that's up to date, that's technically accurate and has all the aspects thought through, and it is able to be followed. What we don't want is a four hundred page document that's meaningless to the recipient. We want people to have a financial plan that they can actually follow, is relevant, and can be used as a baseline for measurement.
- There's no single number. You turn on the TV and you see commercials that say, "What's your number?" I understand the concept but the commercial is asking people what is their number, what's the amount of money they need to retire, as if there is one number that would satisfy everybody. We know that's not the case.
- Ask yourself these questions. Several years in advance of retirement, I recommend people start asking themselves,, "What will I do when I don't have to go to work every day? When I don't have to get up at four or five or six o'clock in the morning and go to the office?" That is a fun exercise to do.
- You might be able to do it. I've never told anybody that they cannot manage their retirement on their own. If someone has the time, the willpower, the desire to educate themselves, and they have someone to hold them accountable to following through, they can do it.
- This is success. Whether or not I ever meet our listeners personally, my goal is to make a difference in more people's lives as far as their education and their engagement and their smart decision making for their future. If we do that, then we've been successful here.
On the importance of planning...
The thing that I will tell you that we'll always come back to is having a financial plan in place, a workable financial plan. You would never build a house without a set of blueprints, you would never take off in an airplane if the pilot didn't have a flight plan in place. You would never want to venture into the best half of your life or retirement years without a plan in place.
Please share this page and the podcast with your friends and colleagues via Linkedin, Twitter and Facebook. You can use the share buttons. Thanks!
Got a question or comment? Email it to me and we'll get back to you.
Bill Keen is a CHARTERED RETIREMENT PLANNING COUNSELOR℠ and independent financial advisor with more than 25 years of industry experience. As the founder and CEO of Keen Wealth Advisors, a registered investment advisory firm, he specializes in providing personalized retirement planning designed to help people thrive before and during their retirement years. With a passion for educating others, Bill regularly blogs about retirement planning, hosts the podcast Keen on Retirement, and has contributed to U.S. News and World Report, Reuters, Wall Street Journal’s Market Watch, Yahoo Finance, and other publications. Based in Overland Park, Kansas, Bill and his team work with clients throughout the greater Kansas City area and across the nation. To learn more, connect with him on LinkedIn or visit www.keenwealthadvisors.com.
KWMG, LLC’s dba Keen Wealth Advisors (“company”) is an SEC Registered Investment Advisor located in Overland Park, KS. The company and its representatives may only conduct business in those states where registered or where excluded/exempt or from licensure. For registration information please contact the SEC or the state securities regulators for the states where the company is notice filed. A copy of the company ADV is available upon request. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where the company and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure. No advice may be rendered by the company unless a client service agreement is in place. This information is not intended to be investment advice or construed as a recommendation or endorsement of any particular investment or investment strategy and is for illustrative purposes only. Clients and prospective clients must consider all relevant risk factors involved with each strategy, including costs or fees, and their own personal financial situations before trading.
The views outlined in the book, Keen on Retirement Engineering the Second Half of Your Life, are those of the author and should not be construed as individualized or personalized investment advice. Any economic and/or performance information cited is historical and not indicative of future results. Economic forecasts set forth may not develop as predicted.
The Amazon Best Seller ranking listed on marketing materials is specifically referring to Best Seller rankings for the Kindle Top 100 Paid Lists under the subcategories of: Budgeting and Financial Risk Management, based on data as of September 5, 2019. Amazon rankings although relevant on how a product is selling overall doesn’t necessarily indicate how well an item is selling among other similar items or similar item categories. Amazon may choose the most popular categories or subcategories within which an item has a high ranking to determine its best seller rankings. These rankings are updated hourly and as a result, should be expected to fluctuate as such. Keen Wealth Advisors and Amazon are not affiliated entities. For further details on Amazon rankings please visit https://www.keenwealthadvisors.com/important-disclosures.